A Secluded Rural Paradise Near the Coonawarra
Property ID 1616861
Wilge (pronounced Will-Gee which is aboriginal for yellow clay) is close to the Coonawarra and less than an hour from Robe and the other Southern Ports of the south east. It was built in the early 1980's and is an architect designed mud brick courtyard house. The homestead sits in an open plan garden with an outstanding watering (and fire protection) system. It blends in with the Stringy bark scrub that provides shelter, privacy and an intimate view of the beautiful native flora and fauna surrounding it.
The Property has 3 well fenced paddocks that are suited to cattle or sheep and the concrete troughs are fed by poly pipe from the bore and pump located at the house. The property is 176 acres in total.
The house is spacious yet intimate, with high ceilings, large rooms and functional and stylish enclosed courtyard design.
It has 5 bedrooms with BIR (master with walk in robe), 3 bathrooms (2 with baths) separate laundry and its layout affords comfort in summer and winter as well as privacy. The house is heated by gas underfloor heating and several combustion stoves. Internal woodboxes are loaded from the outside.
Its features include:
- Walk in wine cellar
- Extensive living areas including study with open fireplace.
- Reclaimed timber - western red cedar, jarrah and huon pine
- House on rain water - 20,000 gallon tank - or can be switched to the excellent bore supply if required.
- Fire sprinkler system and fully reticulated garden watering system with 12 stations
- Water licence - bore water of excellent quality, available for sale on enquiry.
- New set of cattle yards
- Open fireplace and 2 wood combustion stoves and well insulated
- Hand crafted jarrah kitchen
- Mud brick construction. beautifully cool in summer and warm in winter
- Built in sound system
- 2 car garage plus 2 car carport
- Double GI shed with concrete flooring, and a workshop.
For more information or a private Inspection please call John (Basil) Enright on 0407 133 887